Zebra Technologies empowers the front line of business in retail/ecommerce, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, healthcare and other industries to achieve a performance edge. With more than 10,000 partners across 100 countries, we deliver industry-tailored, end-to-end solutions that intelligently connect people, assets and data to help our customers make business-critical decisions. Our market-leading solutions elevate the shopping experience, track and manage inventory as well as improve supply chain efficiency and patient care. Ranked on Forbes’ list of America’s Best Employers for the last three years, Zebra helps our customers capture their edge. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
The Best in Mobile Computing Solutions
Rugged enterprise mobile computers are the heart of our mobile and data capture implementations. Barcoding-Canada’s experts have been reviewing, recommending, sourcing, deploying, and managing mobile computers for decades.
ACCESS YOUR DATA WHEREVER YOU GO
Mobile computing is the ability to access your data wherever you go. Mobile computers connect critical software applications with employees as they move, and then integrates that data to the company’s back-end system or ERP.
Your employees leverage the power of mobile computing every day. Their expectations – to be able to access anything at anytime – puts pressure on companies to have comparable or better technology available on the job that can withstand harsh work environments and maintain corporate IT security rules.
When it comes to enterprise rugged mobile computing, we help companies answer questions like:
- When should I upgrade my devices?
- Are consumer devices better than rugged ones?
- What operating system should I use moving forward?
- What devices can withstand industrial or healthcare environments?
- How do I connect the software on my mobile device to my back-end system?
- How do I manage repairs on a fleet of devices once they are deployed?
- How do I manage software applications on the device and restrict access to non-work items?
- How do I measure the usage of the devices?
- How do I ensure connectivity?
- How do I create consistency of use across different facilities?
- How can I use mobile devices to improve employee satisfaction?
- How can a mobile solution improve my customer retention rates?
What's next in mobile computing?
Are You Ready for Android?
The deadline is set. In 2020, Microsoft ends its support for Windows® operating systems, impacting millions and millions of mobile devices in the field. Despite this fact, many users and warehouses have been slow adopt new Android devices.
Adapt or fail. That’s the harsh reality for warehouses. Unless businesses prioritize this shift to Android, they will not be able to meet new industry demands or stay competitive.
Don’t Fall into These Traps When it comes to Migrating to Android Mobile Computers
- Migrating is too disruptive to operations. Fact: continuing with legacy devices will be even more disruptive. If you start now, you’re in control of how fast you migrate, and you can plan it in small steps.
- Migrating isn’t a priority. Fact: it should be. If you want to get more productive, faster, and save money, than migrating to modern Android mobile devices is a must.
- My devices work just fine. Fact: They may today, but what about tomorrow. What happens when your devices need to be serviced? What if parts are no longer available – now that’s a major disruption to business.
- I don’t want to re-customize my apps. Fact: You may not have to. It depends on the application. Ivanti and StayLinked terminal emulation apps can run on mobile devices in green-screen mode right out of the box. For other apps, migration is inevitable given Microsoft’s decision. So why wait?
- I don’t want to retrain workers. Fact: Users already know how to use Android since it’s the world’s most popular operating system. Plus younger users will want modern devices. Change now and set yourself up for future success.
- I don’t want to reconfigure my backend system. Fact: Reconfiguration is not required to stay on terminal emulation. Android gives you the flexibility to optimize your user interface while maintaining your existing backend system.
We Can Help!
Barcoding-Canada is your best choice in partner for Android migrations. We will help you decide on the right devices and then help make sure your applications are set – all with minimal disruption to operations.
We Represent ALL Top Brands of Mobile Computers
Panasonic is one of the largest product manufacturers in the world, comprised of 473 companies and employing over 260,000 people. We also own one of the world’s largest patent portfolios. And while some may still think of us merely as a consumer electronics company, we are a global provider of comprehensive solutions for businesses as well as consumers — solutions for your home, your work and when you travel. Panasonic Corporation of North America is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic.
Datalogic (formerly PSC Inc.) is a global provider of data-capture solutions for retail supply chains. Its broad array of products and services include point-of-sale scanning, warehousing & distribution, and wireless networking. Datalogic is a privately held global company. With over 3 million scanners installed worldwide, Datalogic’s 750 plus employees provide quality products, sales, service and support through a network that extends into 101 countries.
Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world’s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization. Their Sensing and Productivity Solutions division helps keep businesses efficient, accurate, and connected with the latest tools in the automated data capture industry.